One of the most popular attractions in France, the fairytale island of Mont Saint Michel off the coast of Normandy, is available to you on a day trip from Paris. The Benedictine abbey is one of the wonders of Europe and you will also have free time to take a walk around the fascinating, World Heritage-listed island. At high tide, it becomes separated from the mainland when the causeway is flooded by the sea.
Operates:April 1 – October 31
Daily, except Sunday
November 1 – March 31
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Region:Ile de France and Paris
Duration:14 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point:Pyramides, central Paris
Centrally located Paris hotels (ZIP codes 75001-75020) if hotel pickup option has been selected
Departure Time:Standard Tour: 7:15am
Standard Tour & Hotel Pickup: 6:30am
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup (if option selected)
- Entrance fees to the Abbey
- Professional guide
- Lunch with 1 drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will spend approximately 4 hours at Mont-Saint-Michel and the journey from Paris is between 4 to 5 hours each way
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure or fail to show up on the confirmed day of travel, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Safety:100% safe. All transactions done securely.
Vouchers & ConfirmationImmediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt of booking by email. Within 48 hours (often on the very same day!) you will receive a voucher confirming all details.
Voucher Info:You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address.
- Full-day trip from Paris to magical Mont Saint Michel
- Guided tour of the Benedictine abbey with commentary from expert guide
- Free time to explore the sights and streets of Mont Saint Michel
- Delightful lunch at a restaurant facing Mont Saint Michel
This tour / activity has the following tour options. Click the “Check Availability” button to select a travel date and confirm availability for your preferred tour option.
Standard Tour (50 people)
- Price from USD $232.16
- Standard Tour (50 people) Transportation by motorcoach – maximum 50 people with commentary from your English speaking guide. No hotel pickup or drop off.
- Code: MS1EN
Standard Tour & Hotel Pickup
- Price from USD $267.67
- Standard Tour & Hotel Pickup Transportation by motorcoach – maximum 50 people with commentary from your English-speaking guide. Includes central Paris hotel pickup and drop off.
- Code: MSFEN
Traveling through the picturesque countryside of Normandy, you will come upon the island of Mont Saint Michel. This island (at high tide) was a major cultural and pilgrimage center during the Middle Ages.
You will be on a guided tour of the abbey to discover the history of this important site. You will see how ramparts have been added to support the Gothic monastery over the centuries, and also the remarkable cloister and refectory.
During your free time, take a wander along Mont Saint Michel’s narrow streets to browse the shops, visit the island’s museums, walk around the abbey’s ramparts, and enjoy the spectacle of the sea rushing in to surround Mont Saint Michel at high tide.