The Somme Battlefields are a part of France that suffered severely in the violent and bloody battle of the Great War. On a day trip from Paris, you will take a small group tour (maximum of 19 people) of this dramatic period of history. You will see major sites, including memorials, cemeteries, and traces of battles.
April 1 – October 31
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Region:Ile de France and Paris
Departure Point:Centrally located Paris hotels (Zip codes 75001-75020)
Departure Time:Until 8 November, 2013: 7:00am
From 1 April, 2014: 6:10am
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance to the Historial of the Great War in Péronne (7.50 euros)
- English speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (maximum 18 people)
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure or fail to show up on the confirmed day of travel, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Safety:100% safe. All transactions done securely.
Vouchers & ConfirmationImmediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt of booking by email. Within 48 hours (often on the very same day!) you will receive a voucher confirming all details.
Voucher Info:You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Tour the Somme Battlefields of WWI from Paris
- Visit Delville Wood cemetery at Longueval and British memorial at Thiepval and Ulster Tower
- See landmine Lochnagar crater and Australian battlefield sites at Poziere and Mouquet Farm
- Tour Historical Peronna WWI museum
- Small group with maximum of 19 people for personalized attention
Situated on the edge of the Somme, you will visit the cemetery of Delville Wood at Longueval. An impressive mine hole 100 meter across and 30 meters deep, the Lochnagar Crater “Located at La Boisselle,” is yours at which to gaze.Mumbai to Shirdi Taxi In recognition of the sacrifices made by the ANZAC’s in the battle of the Somme, an Australian flag flies over Poziere.
This battle was followed by the battle of Mouquet Farm, at a site which you will also visit. At Thiepval, you will see the largest memorial dedicated to missing British soldiers, and The Ulster Tower, a memorial to the men of the 36th Ulster division.
You will also visit an international and cultural museum of the first world war (1914-18), The Historical Peronne. This museum explains the conflict, its origins, and consequences, while boasting a unique collection of over 50,000 original objects and documents of everyday life during the war.